Wednesday, January 18, 2006

it's time...

I'm such a homebody. At this point, I'd rather spend 1000 nights watching Law and Order with my parents eating comfort foods like Stoffers lasagna and Figaros Pizza than do something scary like this. I'm constantly torn between this person in me that wants adventure and another that wants security and familiarity. Fortunately the adventurous person usually wins out, but today I'm really wanting anything but adventure. I know I'm going to love Colorado and I know it's going to be great to serve with Americorps. I just don't like this scary transition time.

So tomorrow Shawna and I head out. This will be the cheapest little roadtrip ever. My gas will be paid for by the government. My mom is helping with hotels. And da-da-da-daaa... You know those Wendy's cups that had AirTran coupons on them this winter and everyone told me it was a scam? Well, from the surplus of caffeinated beverages I consume daily, I got a free plane ticket so Shawna can fly home next Tuesday. We're staying in Indy with Shawna's sister and her husband tomorrow night and we're staying with my friend Amy in Greeley when we arrive in Colorado.

Anybody have any ideas for what to do in between? We allowed plenty of time to get there, but then we realized how boring I-70 really is. Gonna stop and see the arch in St. Louis, but at this point that's it. Any secrets along 70???

2 comments:

Megan said...

JULES!!!
I live on I-70! Directly on it! And tomorrow is my birthday!
You should totally totally totally come and see me when you hit western Illinois!
Call me; I'm totally serious!
618-972-1480
Love,
Megan

Megan said...

hey i wanna delete my previous comment so the whole world can't see my cell number. i love that you called me and that we had lunch!! yay fun times!