Friday, April 27, 2007

I amaze myself

Just when I thought that taking some extra vitamins was keeping my mind pretty straight, I do this. I was craving cinnamon...

I had an extra tube of crescent rolls in the fridge and got out my cinnamon and butter and found a random bag of white powder in the cupboard which I assumed was sugar. I spread the sugar and cinnamon all over the dough and rolled them up all cute and popped them in the oven...

I sat and salivated...

I couldn't wait for the rolls to cool off, I popped one into my mouth. Something tasted funny, but I couldn't figure it out. It kind of made me feel sick. I figured I should try another just to investigate this further. I gobbled down the second one, but really kind of hating it. Then, I couldn't believe it. I had a whole bunch of cinnamon rolls sitting there just begging to be eaten and I didn't think I could handle another one. They were making me kind of sick.

I looked over my ingredients again. I figured it was the butter I used. Must have been bad butter. For some reason, I kept overlooking the suspicious bag of white powder. Finally, after checking out the butter, my eyes fell on the white stuff. I stuck my tongue into the bag to taste it, expecting one great sugar rush.

Salt.

I had to do one of those hurry and rub your tongue to get all that crap off kind of gestures like my dad did when he accidently ate a dog breath mint.

3 comments:

Tim said...

lol, that's awesome. I thought maybe the bag of white powder was some sort of illegal narcotic. ...glad it was salt though!

mlbeck said...

When I lived in Texas I used to make popcorn over the stove because that is how Stonehouse taught me and its so good that way. But the thing is, it takes quite a bit of time and I always used to do it at the last minute right before my little cousins and I would gather my grandmas old mattress and throw it in my truck to go to the drive-in movie theatre. And more than once after making the most perfect golden popcorn I'd grab my grandma's big salt looking shaker of sugar and pore it all over my popcorn. Not as bad as salty cinnamon roles (or narcotic cinnamon roles), but I hate sugary popcorn.

Unknown said...

i miss you so much. i love your stories.