Saturday, March 22, 2008

ohio...

It's been so long since I've updated this thing, I forgot how to log on. I was told the other day that it's been too long since I've written. The truth is, when I'm in Ohio I don't feel anything's worthy enough to post. But when I look back on pictures I've taken of the nature preserve I'm living in right now, I have to admit that Ohio can be pretty sometimes. So, at some point I'm going to remember to post pictures. But for now I want to post a poem I was emailed. This is how I feel about my winter months in good old Ohio...

It's winter in Ohio
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
at twenty five below.

Oh, how I love Ohio
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So, I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Ohio
Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

5 comments:

jenn said...

love the ohio poem... it might be confirmation it may be time to leave.

"oh me o-my-o- look at miss ohio, she's running around with her ragtop down. she said she's gonna do right but not right now." gillian welch

Eric Prenshaw said...

Juli, sounds like a bleak winter, but hopefully the spring will rescue you. I'd love to catch up on what you've been up to.

Anonymous said...

Juli,
Looking at your pictures I can't help but think, wow, you've done such neat stuff! I'd love to hear what you're up to now, but I feel like I have too much catching up to do to go back and read all of your blogs. Call me or email csgoldstein@sbcglobal.net.
Shawna

Dave Smith said...

Juli,
Long time. A friday night of surfing and what a joy to find your blog.

When you get a chance, update me on life.

Tim said...

Juli Neff,

Are you still alive?