Sunday, August 03, 2008

my house

My first house was amazing. I lived in it alone and I had a skylight! I always wanted a skylight. And then, I got my rent statement. $527 a month wasn't worth a skylight.

My house now is perfect. It's an old cabin built by the CCC back in the 30's. It sits on the edge of a canyon and I have a great view (even though it's all burnt).


Yes, you do see a horse in this picture. There's a feral horse that likes my yard. He sometimes lives there too. I like to watch him roll around in the rabbitbrush when he has an itch.

I can see Ute peak over the mesa and the sun sets directly behind it. I am so lucky to live here.


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Beautiful place you're working in, Juli! And you're quite the photographer. Thanks for the amazing pics.

Dave Smith said...

So,
I received your letter and want to reply ASAP...but the return address is not yours...and you left no cell #.
What's a former professor to do?
Drop me a line @ Dave.Smith@IndWes.edu with some contact info.