Thursday, April 21, 2005

I have a future!

It's official. I can now say with much confidence that I do have a job after graduation. The problem is, this only covers my next four months... not sure what I'll do after that.

I graduate from IWU next saturday and leave the next morning for three weeks in California on the Pacific Crest Trail with one of my professors and three other students and then I come back home for a week and then head out to Utah... to stay till September! So many amazing opportunities ahead of me that I don't deserve!

I will be working at Zion National Park in Springdale, Utah, which is in the southwest corner of the state. I'm not sure yet where they're going to place me. I could be washing dishes. I could be making beds in the lodge. I could be a waitress or a front desk worker. Whatever it is, I get to live in this beautiful place, surrounded by red rock walls and deep red dirt. There are many canyons to explore and waterfalls and streams going through them. It sounds like the most amazing place on earth. While working for the park, I am also a part of a ministry team. There will be three of us. And we hold worship services outside in the park every Sunday for visitors. We'll just be providing a place of worship for all those people who have just returned from a hike around the rocks and can't help but think of God anyway. This will be a great chance to work on preaching and leading services and... maybe singing... The other two people on my team are guys, so if there is ever a need for a female voice as we lead worship, it just might be me. Hope people don't mind if it's not the most pleasant voice. God told me it's ok. He likes it.

I'm going to try to put a picture on here if I ever get it figured out. Someone teach me, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hope people don't mind if it's not the most pleasant voice. God told me it's ok. He likes it." This made me laugh, but it is true... God does love the singing: the good, the average, the bad and the Juli Neffs.