Sunday, October 23, 2005

Day Off

Today I hiked up to Scout's lookout and took a nap in the sun. Well, I wasn't crazy enough to fall asleep because I was laying near the ledge with a 1000 foot drop or so beneath me. So I lay there, rather wirey and alert, but still enjoying the sunshine. I finally got up after I heard too many hikers passing by, "If that girl even rolls over, (sound effects), she's gone."

The view of Angel's Landing and the Great White throne was amazing. I have some really fun pictures of Angel's landing I've been meaning to post on here. I'll have to do that soon.

I turned left and didn't do Angel's landing today, but hiked out alittle ways on the west rim trail. Incredible rock on this trail. It made me want to do the whole thing sometime. There are many things I've learned to do alone. But I decided this trail won't be one of them.

2 comments:

juli said...

It's a painful love. Right now I want to be back with family and friends and my dog so much it hurts. But I know the moment I'm back, I'll crave the rich red dirt and towering rocks. Yep... next Wednesday is the last day and then I'll go down to Tucson for a week and then drive back to join you.

pk said...

Your writing can be so graphic at times the pictures are almost unnecessary. Nonetheless, thanks for the beautiful pix.