Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Denver, Colorado

Friday morning, I packed my car with uneccesary junk (cause I could) and packed my one companion, a plant that I bought for my friend Jamie's housewarming gift. I didn't make it down to Colorado Springs to drop it off so I decided it needed to travel with me so I could water it. I saw that the tag said, "Bonsai," so I decided to name him Nephi the Bonsai (a nice Utah name). But then it was brought to my attention that this is not a bonsai but a Spider plant... so his name is "Nephi the Bonsai who doesn't realize he's not a bonsai" but I just called him Nephi and warned Jamie never to call him by his full name. I drove him around and posed him in places and took pictures of his travels that I gave to Jamie.

Took off on my week long roadtrip, hoping to pack it completely full... Drove to the Nevada border on day one and then on to San Francisco on day two. Stayed with my aunt and cousins in Pacifica for 3 days and then took off for Yosemite. Stayed in Bishop, CA. Saw Death Valley and stayed in Mesquite, NV with my friend Anthony. Drove into Zion the next day for a quick visit and stayed with my friends Jock and Robin and Hurricane that night. And drove the entire way from Hurricane to Denver on my last day. It was such a great trip and better than I'd imagined. It was weird traveling alone but I had a lot of time in silence and a lot of time singing at the top of my lungs with the windows down. After spending $80 worth of gas on my last day, I've decided my roadtrips should be put on hold for awhile, until I start making money again. I'm addicted to adventure but I need to find a job that pays for it.

I'm in Park City, Kansas tonight on our way to our final Americorps project... in New Orleans again. When November comes I'll be done and looking for a job. And maybe I'll have enough money by then to have a fun roadtrip back to Ohio... anybody want to come along?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's still doing well. Don't worry I haven't used his full name. Miss you!