Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Yosemite National Park, California

I drove down into the Yosemite Valley cause I hear that's the part you can't miss. Honestly, and maybe it's cause I'm partial, it reminded me of Zion without color... no rich red dirt between my toes. Anthony tells me if you're a climber you'd appreciate Yosemite better. What I did like, though, was that it truly felt like it was "our" park, as a National Park should feel. It didn't feel like federal land, it felt like my land... one giant backyard we all share. People were having picnics everywhere and family reunions and swimming in the Merced. It was so crowded but in a nice way. Maybe other seasons aren't like that, but I kind of liked it. I drove back out and across the Tioga pass and THAT was my favorite part of Yosemite. Incredible fields and lakes and enormous views from way up high. Here are some pics of the valley and the pass and another one of those "I'm traveling alone so I have to take these awful close up pics at arms length of my face and my giant neck."




No comments: