Wednesday, February 15, 2006

go nuggets!

Who are the nuggets? I'll admit, some of us expected to go to the Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns game tonight to find a chicken nugget doing cartwheels across the court... (I promise I wasn't one of them... but I did hope to see a little chunk of gold with legs sticking out of the bottom rallying the crowds). Sadly, the Nuggets' mascot is some sort of cat with a lightning bolt for a tail... no idea...

So the Nuggets aren't the greatest team but I think this was my first NBA game and I liked it! It was really fast and they let most of the fouls slip. Everything was going well, even the part about Denver losing, until I put on my sweatshirt to leave and it was soaked with beer from some hairbrain behind me. I reeked of alcohol the whole way home on the train and gave myself a headache.

Cheap night of fun... $11.50 including game and train. I'll try to get some pictures from people since I've pretty much given up on taking pictures since Utah. I guess I overdid it.

Alittle note to those who expected to see me in Detroit in a couple weeks... there was alittle change in the offices in DC and now they're sending 80% of their teams to gulf recovery so it looks like my team is headed to New Orleans now. We'll find out for sure next week... I'm trying to keep positive and flexible here but there was this part of me that was strangely excited about learning how to do taxes. We'll see...

1 comment:

Megan said...

aw jules you'll have a great time in the gulf too! i got to do that in october for two days, but i'm going back in july for a whole week. maybe you'll still be there and we can mud out homes together! jk... i know god will use your willing spirit wherever you end up. i love you!